StatusUp to four years with maximum of two terms.
Closing DateFriday 5 February 2021
Interview DatesTuesday 23 February 2021
Eden Court has a vacancy for one Director.
We are specifically interested in recruiting a board member with financial accounting experience, ideally in a large-scale arts organisation or the charity sector.
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to contribute to the strategic and policy decision-making and continued growth of Eden Court we would like to hear from you.
Like all cultural sector organisations, Eden Court has been profoundly affected by the impact of Covid-19. The Board of Directors will continue to operate in a challenging context of financial uncertainty. This vacancy provides an exciting opportunity for a someone with financial and accounting experience to make a significant contribution to the recovery of Eden Court at an important moment in its history.
If you would like an informal conversation about the role please contact Louise Alexander, PA to the Chief Executive on 01463 732657 or send an email. Louise will arrange a time for you to speak with James Mackenzie-Blackman, Eden Court’s Chief Executive.
Please note the position receives no remuneration however reasonable travel expenses to meetings can be paid. Interested parties should apply with a brief covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 and their CV to Lorraine Dunn.
Reports to: Chair of Board
Term: Up to four years with maximum of two terms.
We’re looking to recruit one board member. We are specifically interested in candidates who can demonstrate experience in finance and accounting.
- A strong interest in the performing arts, film and creative education.
- The ability to think strategically.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous board experience – particularly in the charitable or voluntary sector.
- Willingness to promote Eden Court in the wider community.
- A high profile within the local business or arts community.
- Expertise in finance and accounting and willingness to contribute relevant professional experience to the work of the board.
- Experience of working at a senior level in both the private and public sector.
- A track record of attracting funds to organisations with which they are associated.
- An understanding of the Highlands, its socioeconomic environment and the issues associated with the dispersed nature of its communities.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE FIELDS
- Arts and culture
- Conference & event sales
It is helpful if all members of the Board of Eden Court Highlands have a general knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts. Previous board experience and an understanding of charitable status is preferred but not required.
We encourage all Board members to play an active part in fundraising, Directors can contribute to our fundraising in a number of ways, including direction participation, through introducing this to their contacts or through promoting Eden Court to friends and colleagues.
- Attend Board meetings (approx. five per year), the annual general meeting and any sub committees that they are appointed to.
- Appraising, along with fellow Directors, the effectiveness of Board meetings.
- Dealing with disciplinary matters, appeals and grievances (those relating to the Chief Executive and senior managers) and ensuring there is a suitable policy and guidance for doing so.
- Ensure the financial probity of the company including ensuring there is an effective Audit and Finance Committee.
- Ensure that the company complies with Health and Safety legislation and that the board is adequately represented at Health and Safety Committee meetings.
- To act as an ambassador for Eden Court Highlands Limited by promoting the organisation’s role within the community along with its activities and its needs to the private, public and voluntary sectors so as to enhance the profile and assist with fundraising.
IN CONJUNCTION WITH CHIEF EXECUTIVE
- Establishing the vision, aims and objectives of Eden Court in keeping with its charitable objects and artistic policy.
- Oversee the development of the business planning process to achieve the aims and objectives.
- Ensure that the company has an up to date realistic risk register that helps it to manage material risks in a sensible way.
- Develop, monitor and revive company policies, including employment policies, and ensure their implementation by the company’s senior management team
- Ensuring positive relationships are maintained with major stakeholders including Creative Scotland and Highland Council.
Responsible (with fellow Directors) for the strategic leadership and governance of Eden Court, its financial stability and the safeguarding of its assets, as well as providing advice and support to its senior management team.
Eden Court Highland is a company limited by guarantee and a charity registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR). The directors of the company are also Trustees of the charity
- 240 KB PDF