Higher Drama provides exciting opportunities to learn skills in creating and analysing dramatic texts; exploring voice, movement and characterisation; and developing skills in production, such as acting, directing, design, lighting, sound and costume. Set assignments will take the form of learning lines, scripting a scene, researching key topics, planning a rehearsal and writing a review.
Students can choose to structure their course around the following streams:
• Set Design (alongside either Costume, Make-up, Sound or Lighting Design)
Final assessments are divided into a practical exam hosted with us in the OneTouch Theatre, demonstration of your skills in your chosen area of study, and a written exam at your school involving the analysis of our chosen text and productions seen during the course.
The course prepares you for further education and a potential career in theatre. It will deepen your knowledge, understanding and skills in theatre.
- Students must be well-motivated and able to commit to attendance at all sessions in Inverness on the agreed dates, including intensive blocks during school holidays.
- You must have completed your fourth year of secondary school and passed National 5 English by the time you start this course.
- Some performance experience is desirable, as acting is a significant part of the assessment and our practical workshops.
- Although you don’t have to pursue a career in performance to enjoy the course, a real interest in theatre is essential.
- 274 KB PDF