Since we aren't able to serve you any tasty dishes from our restaurant and cafe we thought it would be nice to post some delicious recipes on our blog to give you a little taste of Eden Court. We've been catching up with Scott Maciejewski (Sous Chef in our restaurant) to create some delicious treats for you to enjoy.
Our recipes will use ingredients that most people will have in their kitchens. We know how hard it's been to source some ingredients over the last few weeks - so we hope you have everything to make Spiced Chickpeas.
I'll hand you over to Scott to tell you a little more about this recipe:
Spices are something that every household should have a selection off - they are full of flavour and very versatile. You could experiment with various spices on chickpeas as they work very well with them. This recipe is a healthy, flavoursome alternative snack to crisps that’s high in fibre, protein and iron.
- 400g Tin of Chickpeas
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika | normal paprika can be used as well
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 3-4 tbs Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°c
- Wash and drain your tin of chickpeas
- Keep the drained chickpeas in the sieve and hover it over a baking tray, coat your chickpeas with the olive oil then mix all your spices and sprinkle them over the chickpeas, tossing to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Place the coated chickpeas onto the baking tray, spreading out evenly, and add a little salt.
- Put them into the middle of the oven and cook for 20 to 35 minutes, mixing the chickpeas every 10 minutes to ensure the ones on the inside make there way to the outside.
- Cooking them for around 25 minutes will give them a slightly chewy texture, if you want them crunchy (like I do) then cook them for an extra 10-15 minutes.
We hope you enjoy them and don’t forget to share your picture with us on social.
This blog was written by: