In our third recipe blog, our Sous Chef Scott tells us how to make a delicious stir fry.
We have been trying to use ingredients that most people will have in their kitchens but we know how hard it's been to source some things over the last few weeks - so we hope you have everything you need!
Here's Scott's recipe:
Pork Stir Fry
Almost everyone loves a good stir fry and this one is no different. We use both soy sauces in this recipe but it is fine to use just light soy sauce. The difference between light and dark is that light is good for marinating and gives off more flavour but is also saltier. Whereas dark soy sauce gives a deep caramel colour and provides some sweetness which makes it great for dips and dressings.
- 2 Pork Chops
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger
- ½ Red Pepper
- ¾ Pak Choi
- ½ Onion
- ½ Carrot Cut into Batons
- 2 Babycorn (optional)
- 4 Mange Tout (optional)
- 3 Garlic Cloves Sliced
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 tbp Honey
- 1 tbp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 3 tbp Light Soy Sauce
- 3 tbp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 3 Nests of Medium Egg Noodles
- Small Handful of Fresh Coriander
- 1 tbp Lime Juice
- First we start off by cutting the pork chops lengthwise down the middle then slice into 3-5 cm rectangles.
- Put this into a bowl with the five spice, both soy sauces, honey, sweet chilli sauce, garlic, ginger and ½ a red chilli (thinly sliced) and around 30ml of vegetable oil and leave to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- While this is marinating slice the rest of your veg.
- Get a pan of water on for your noodles these will take 5 minutes to cook so we will cook them as the pork stir fry is nearly finished.
- Now to stick everything in a frying pan including the marinade juices and cook on a medium to high heat for approx 10 – 15 minutes.
- Drain your noodles and mix in with the stir fry along with the lime juice tossing to evenly coat the noodles then serve. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and the other half of that thinly sliced red chilli.
We hope you enjoy your stir fry and don’t forget to share your pictures with us on social.
This blog was written by: